Friday 10 February 2012

The Weirdest Date Ever



I messaged this girl that I met on Plenty Of Fish and really didn't give it much though when I received no reply.That’s the way it goes sometimes.  But after a couple of weeks went by and I had totally forgotten about her, I saw that she had finally replied and left her phone number. It struck me as strange that someone who didn't know me that well and had never spoke to me in person would all of a sudden ,just out of the blue, leave me her phone number. Likely I should have run like a chicken, but since I had not been with anyone steady in a long time, I decided to take a chance and texted her.

She told me that she wold love to meet me one day, and maybe go for coffee or something. So after about 70 text messages from her over a span of two days, I agreed to see her. Since my car was broken down, she drove over 60 miles in an old heap she borrowed from a friend just to see me. I was quite flattered by that.She was pretty hot in person. Better than her photos on the site. She was wearing a nice perfume that was not overpowering. In all, the physical package was nice. On top of that we seemed to hit it off really well. Our coffee get together lasted quite a while, so we whiled away a couple of hours in the park and I took her to supper as well. I was a bit surprised when she suggested that I come to her house for the night, but I accepted willingly. As we drove to her house, we snuggled and then started to stroke each other. I had to back off because she started to really get into it at one point and almost went off the road. Once we arrived at her house, we quickly settled onto her couch, listening to music and resumed our mutual stimulation. It was really a rush.

Suddenly, she started getting text messages by the dozens and she started to focus on replying to them. Then her phone started to ring as well, and she kept answering it. Needless to say, I was not impressed with this side of her. To add insult to injury, when she was not focused on the phone, she started to tell me all about her ex boyfriend and her trials with him! Like I cared! So I sat there absentmindedly making sympathy noises while I got more and more steamed. I guess I must have hit the right tone with her, because we ended up in the sack after all, so that was worth the effort. As soon as we were finished, she got out of bed and disappeared down the hall and into her room mate's bedroom. She never came back. I waited up for a bit to see if she would come back, but I gave up about a half hour later and decided to just sack out.

When I woke up, I decided that this was all too weird for me and decided to get out of here as soon as possible. As I opened the bedroom door, I saw her roommate standing there looking at me as if I was something squirmy. I could see a lot of anger in her directed my way. Then it dawned on me. Her roommate had a thing for the girl who had brought me here. Just to needle her a bit, I decided to take a shower. But the joke was on me. The water smelled so bad that I ended up smelling worse afterwards than I did before. That really put me in an ugly mood.

I got dressed and went back to the room I had slept in and waited for her to  explain what the heck was going on. I was really just trying to find out how much longer I had to endure this loony bin. She came in and told me that the car she drove to pick me up was not her friend's but her friend's mother's. Apparently her friend's mother was very peeved that she had taken the car the previous day, and that we had to leave now.

I noticed she looked like she was on something and her roommate looked all strung out as well. This freaky looking fellow came over to take us to her own mother's home. The house turned out to be quite isolated. The living room was full of creepy looking people. Most of them were pretty drugged out. There was a strange odor in the air which I assumed came from a batch of something cooking out back someplace. This entire group was all just hanging around listening to some of the worst music I have ever heard. And of course they had to have the volume up full to boot. If it was in black and white it would have been like a nightmare scene from some B grade horror movie. I started to get a little worried; almost fearful.

One of these dudes starts telling me what train I need to take to get back home. My date and her mother left me standing there for a few minutes, and when they returned, we left. I guess the plan was to drop off my date and her mother someplace and then have me ferried to the train station, because that is what ended up happening.
This guy made a comment about how flaky my date could be and grinned at me. It was then it sunk in what it was about him that freaked me out. All of his front teeth were filed to points! He looked like Count Dracula and he keep smiling at me showing his fangs. His constant grinning was getting to me. The longer I was with him the more I was certain that I would crap my pants. I had to clinch my cheeks together as tight as I could and hoped I would get home in one piece. I hoped he had not decided to drive me all the way home, but suddenly we arrived at the train station. I wasted no time getting out of that car.

I had to walk the streets of this backwards town for three hours before the train arrived, and then I didn't have enough money to go all the way. I ended up detraining about an hour from home. With no money, I had no alternative but to walk and thumb the rest of the way home. It was cold, it was raining, and I was disgusted, but was so glad to be back in my nice warm, comfortable home.

Plenty of Fish might better be called Plenty Of Freaks from my perspective. From now on I am going to pay for any dating service that I join. The money is a good filter for riffraff. You only get what you pay for, and free sites serve you at the lowest common denominator level. They all operate on a shoestring because they do not make a lot of money from advertising. Because of that, they are not adequately staffed to filter out the weirdos and opportunists who prey on other members.
Not all free sites are bad. In fact, POF may actually be okay for most people. I may have had a worse experience than most. But in the final analysis, they have a harder time filtering out idiots because they tend to get more of them.

Once I decided to leave POF, I had to solve the problem of where I should go next. I mean, I got referred to POF in the first place by an acquaintance. After a couple of days of searching, I finally found a site that in my opinion does a decent job of rating and ranking a bunch of dating sites. I have used it to great success so far. All dating sites have some inherent risk to them, but usually it is a lot less than that of meeting someone in a bar. In any event, if you are reasonably careful, you are unlikely to have any problems. The link below is one that I have used successfully. I trust it will be a valuable resource for you as well.


Top Dating Sites

No comments:

Post a Comment