Friday 6 April 2012

The Dating Canary



A while back, I was having a lot of difficulties getting women to date me. I am a reasonably good looking guy with a steady job. At one point, dating women was not something I ever had a problem with. But after one specific night, I suddenly became a social pariah. And it was only partly my fault.

I have had a few embarrassing events happen in my life but nothing as embarrassing as this sad story that I am about to tell you.

It all started when I was asked to go to a formal dance with some friends of mine. Because of the formal nature of the dance, I was expected to wear dress pants and jacket, as opposed to the more casual attire I usually went clubbing in. The pants I had. I did not have a proper jacket, so I set out to buy one. Not being a fashion mavin I generally just rely on the opinions and suggestions of the store clerks. I explained I needed a jacket to go with my black dress pants. He said I was in luck because they were having a sale on some jackets that they had recently imported from Mexico. I immediately liked the color. I thought that the yellow shade would make me stand out and I was trying to make a positive impression. The material seemed a bit rough, but the price was great so I bought one and proudly carried it home with me.

Later that day, I prepared for my big date. Showered, shaved, combed my hair a new way, and tried some new aftershave that I had bought that day that was supposed to drive women crazy. As I looked in the mirror that night after getting ready for my big date, I truly thought that I looked like a million bucks. And I had pulled out all the stops as well. Shower, shave, new haircut, new aftershave, and the new jacket to top it all off. Unfortunately I did not notice that there was a small thread hanging at the back of the jacket.

I met my buddies at the dance. It was packed with lots of people that I knew and many more that I did not. After a half hour or so my date arrived. Did I mention that my buddies set me up with her? She was in a big hurry to get on the dance floor, and after a very short introduction, she was dragging me out to dance. Things were really looking up. After the first dance, she told me that I had a loose thread on the back of my jacket and said that she would break it off for me.

She started to pull the thread, but instead of breaking, it just kept coming out. It got long enough to reach the floor I remember they were playing a new version of an old standard by Elvis Presley called “All Shook Up”. As the thread fell on the floor, it began to get tangled around several ankles. The faster they danced the more entangled they became. Eventually someone tripped, who knocked down someone else, who fell on a table and upset everything. By the time the smoke cleared, three couples were on the floor along with six upset tables. What a disaster! Of course my good buddies, like the true friends they are, high tailed it out the back door leaving me to face the embarrassment alone.

The owner of the dance club came up to me and said, “What the hell are you trying to do, sabotage my business?” I stood there wishing I could disappear. This is like your worst nightmare, only more so. I think I would have preferred to be standing there stark naked than face that hostility again. The owner slapped a large wad of yellow string into my hands, and told me to take my sack and get out! The only part of my yellow jacket that I was still wearing as I exited into the night was one sleeve. As I headed home, my evening ruined, I took what was left of my new jacket and threw it in a trash can along the way.

So that is my sad story. After that, women in my area would not be caught dead even talking to me. It was so bad that even the local prostitutes turned me down. They said they had an image to maintain!

It was my sister who eventually pointed me in the right direction. She was sick of me moping around by then. She said that there was no way that anyone in the neighborhood would ever date me again (as if I did not know that). She said I would have to either move away, or else try to connect with someone on an online dating site. Moving was out, I just could not afford it. After thinking about my options for about 30 whole nanoseconds, I decided to try a dating site out. I mean, all that could happen is that more women would reject me. At least on an online dating site, they would not know it was me. I picked one at random, but had no luck. So I googled dating, and was overwhelmed at the number of sites. Which one would be the best for me. I tried the top site POF.com – stands for plenty of fish, but I did not have much luck on it.  My sister came to my rescue again and suggested the link that I will share below. It has a big list of quality dating sites to choose from. I signed up to a couple of sites, and finally met someone who can take me for who I am, and not the idiot who bought a cheap jacket once.

So if you are looking for a date, then check out the link below. If it worked for me, then it can work for anyone.

Top Dating Sites

No comments:

Post a Comment